- Bubby was telling us that after David killed Goliath he licked him. We were very confused about what in the world he was talking about, but Bubby was adamant. He said to The Hubs, "Daddy, let me show you in the Bible," and turned to the page in his Beginner's Bible. There is an (age-appropriate) illustration of a dead Goliath with his tongue sticking out -- therefore Bubby interpreted that as licking.
- In the car Bubby loves when the radio plays 10,000 Reasons. He will sing at top of his lungs and then ask, "What's a soul?" almost every time.
- Any conversation where the word death comes up, Bubby informs us that "Jesus died on the cross."
- Last month in Bubby's Sunday school class he learned about Adam and Eve. Lately when I overhear him playing with Legos or trains I hear him saying, "You will surely die," to the characters in his play. I never realized how much death there was in the Bible/Christianity until I had a preschooler.
- After a discussion about a friend's birthday party, Bubby prayed, "Help it to be my birthday so I can get presents."
- After hearing the story about Jesus washing the disciples feet, Bubby remarked, "I wouldn't want to wash my feet in a basin. I like taking a bath."
- Tonight's prayer, "Thank You for Buzz Lightyear. Thank You for Woody. Help me to be more like You."
Not to be outdone, here is Bugaboo "reading" from the Bible. Or as he calls it "The B-L-B-L-B."
And here is just a cute pumpkin picture. It has nothing to do with this post. I just like it.