1. I can run (jog) an entire mile now without stopping to walk/rest. I think if I got up to the gym more than twice a week I could probably do better. But considering I didn't even know this milestone was possible, I am feeling pretty good.
2. I cannot stick with clean eating. I love bread products. I love fru-fru coffee. I love ice cream. Basically if I hear a food crying out, "Unclean! Unclean!" I will probably want to eat it. I would rather have a crappy cheeseburger from McDonald's than grilled tilapia any day of the week.
3. Adding OT every week for Bugaboo has been a very good thing. He has only had three sessions so far, but they have been very positive experiences. I wish I would have added this to our schedule months ago.His once a month in home just wasn't enough. Live and learn.
4. Girl friends are important. I have shied away from many friendships over the last few years for a few reasons, some valid, some probably not. I went outlet shopping with a few gals from church this month, and though I only bought a pair of jeans just getting out of the house to try on clothes, eat lunch, and talk was a very good thing. Meeting a friend for coffee one evening and hanging out with some other moms while our kids played were also good things this month - reaffirming the importance of girlfriends of all ages and phases. I am thankful for the friends God provides at just the right time.
5. I like wearing dresses. It is amazing how much more put together I look just by trading out my jeans for a cotton summer dress. Still no make-up. Still low-maintenance hair. But put on a dress? Everyone asks you if you have plans that day or tells you that you look nice. (Also, it is too hot out for yoga pants AND they have giant holes in them - both pairs.)
6. Buying school supplies and researching curriculum and educational theory still makes my heart happy. It's a sickness really. I manged to only buy two boxes of crayons this year instead of my usual six.
7. Holidays are fun at this phase of life. Even though it was at the beginning of the month, which seems so long ago now, I really enjoyed the Fourth of July through my kids' eyes. Parades, Bubby pestering us about grilling (all summer long actually), and sparklers. The only thing that would have made it better would have been homemade ice cream at Mimi and Papa's like when I was a kid.