- My A/G friends can move. That is all I will say about that.
- Sometimes I feel like my 13 year old self in class - all awkward and unsure. Unlike my 13 year old self, though, I am not sitting on the sidelines trying to figure out how to get out of class. I have discovered I have to learn by doing (which is very much outside of my comfort zone - always has been). Of course, our Zumba leader is not mean like my middle school PE teachers either, so that helps.
- I don't think I have the right Zumba clothes. I have frumpy clothes, old yoga pants and a t-shirt from my first year of teaching. These are not cute workout clothes. But on the upside my yoga pants have seen more action than ever before. I think I hear them in a state of shock saying, "What's going on, Amanda? We aren't being used as pajama pants? We aren't going on a Wal-mart run? You aren't bumming around in us until the Physical Therapist arrives, at which time you will change into real pants?Who are you and what have you done with our owner?"
- According to facebook, some people come home and make a smoothie after class. I am not one of those people. I come home and eat a piece of cake.
- My hips do not move like they are supposed to. I can get my arms and legs moving, though not always at the same time or at the right moment. The hips, not so much.
- I still have unresolved issues with my parents never putting me in a dance or gymnastics class. Perhaps they would like to make it up to me by enrolling me in one now. (Please do not reference the vault experience from high school, Mom. Yes, I know you are laughing right now.)
- It is fun. I hate exercise in all forms, and I do not hate this.
Monday, June 11, 2012
what I have learned after two weeks of Zumba
The last two Mondays I have been able to go to Zumba at The Barn (aka where I go to church on Sunday mornings). Most of the other ladies have been going all spring, but The Hubs' schedule has just recently changed to more daytime and less evening hours. Hence, my newly free Monday evenings, and a chance to exercise and get out of the house. So here is what I have learned after just two classes.