- My thoughts on the "mommy wars" can be found here.
- And some thoughts on what I really want for my children are here.
- For the record, I was raised by a single working mom for a large chunk of my growing up years. My mom always encouraged me that I could be anything I wanted to be, and she told me I did not have to be a wife and a mom to be happy/fulfilled.
- I understand that some moms have to work. My questions come from witnessing many moms who put their careers/goals/personal fulfillment ahead of their children. There are stay-at-home moms who do not prioritize their children either.
- My last post featured my thoughts, my questions, the issues I wrestle with. I do not claim to have it all right or to have all of the answers. I think if more of us were honest about the things we struggle with, the world would be a better place. If my transparency is an issue for you, I suggest you not read my blog any more.
Friday, June 8, 2012
some additional thoughts to the last post
In case you were offended by my last post, ask yourself if you really should be.