I remember reading a suggestion that said we should write the party-post ahead of time. I really did think about it, really I did, but each time I sat down to do it, the baby needed to be fed, the toddler was ready to play instead of nap, or the toddler and baby were both napping so I took one, too!
That's my wordy way of saying I'm winging it here.
If you are new to my blog, welcome! I'm Amanda a.k.a. wanderingonpurpose, and I try to keep my writing from wandering, but I don't always succeed. I'd blame it on mommyhood, but I was like that pre-kids. Want the "non-wandering" intro? click here :)
Why wandering on purpose? It seems like at this phase of life I am not quite sure what I am doing, where I am going, or how I will get there, but I have faith that all things work together for good, so I cling to that during the ups and downs.
Why the 81? Well, when I switched from another blog host, plain ol' wanderingonpurpose was already taken, so I added part of my birth year. (Yes, that makes me thirty.)
A couple of things about me you may want to know:
- I met my husband online. June 2004. He was in England at the time. We met in person Oct. 2004 and got engaged. We eloped in January 2005 when he finally moved back to the States for good. I refer to him as The Hubs on here.
- I have two sweet boys. I do not use their real names on here, which makes me a little sad because I think they have pretty cool names. I call then Bubby (22 months) and Bugaboo(almost 4 months) on the blog (but in real life I use these nicknames interchangeably)
- I am a NICU-mommy-veteran. Both my boys were preemies, so there are lots of archived entries about our NICU days.
- My faith is very important to me. I write about it on here not to be pushy but because it is as much a part of me as my husband and kids.
- I will never get tired of going to Disneyland.
- At least once a year I watch the A&E (very long) version of Pride and Prejudice.
- I cannot go on a road trip without hearing at least one Rod Stewart song. He always finds me somehow, someway in my car when I am driving out of town. It became a sort of inside joke with my college roommate. I do not own any of his music. :)
- I asked for a sewing machine for Christmas 2009. I have yet to finish my first project.
first family of four picture - taken Dec. 23, 2010