top ten reasons I should conquer my fear of the sewing machine:
1. I received it as a Christmas gift the year I was pregnant with Bubby - and project numero uno is still half done. I think I should finish it. (a super cute apron, by the way)
2. I DID earn an A in "life skills" (aka home ec.) in middle school for such meaningful sewing projects as the fluffy football and the locker organizer.
3. Every woman I know on my mom's side can sew. And my aunt and cousin and cousin-in-law on my dad's side can, too.
4. My mom and my great-grandma both can make beautiful quilts BY HAND (as in not using a machine) - I can barely sew a button.
5. I would like to do some of these projects. And this. And more.
6. I have my master's degree. The state of Missouri has given me a certificate saying I could run an entire school building. Surely a user's manual is easier than an action research project, right?
7. I may secretly want to be Martha Stewart - without the whole prison scandal and reputation for being evil.
8. My house needs some curtains and I could use some summer dresses/skirts.
9. To check something else off my list.
10. So I can stop daydreaming about what I COULD do and actually DO it. :)