Summer is here (in my opinion), and even though I am a stay-at-home mom to non-school-aged children, I do not want to waste the season. So perhaps if I write it down & keep it simple, I will accomplish some things/have some fun in the next three months.
1. Take Bubby swimming - make use of Chow and Me's apartment pool before they move as well as locate and blow up his kiddie pool from last summer that we did not use.
2. Put something on my living room walls. I have ideas...must do a couple of them.
3. Get some sun on my legs. Pictures from this weekend revealed I have not really seen the sun in two or three summers.
4. Get back into the library storytime routine.
5. Take Bubby and Bugaboo to the zoo. I have horrible memories of zoo-field trips both as a student and a teacher, but I am willing to give the zoo another chance for my sons.
6. Visit family. Trying to even figure out a way for us to see The Hubs' family this summer - I don't know that it is feasible, but I am trying to brainstorm how we could.
7. Learn to use my sewing machine and do a project. I will need my mom's help to figure out what is wrong with my machine - oh and to teach me to sew.
8. Finish Bubby's 1-2 year album - I kept up with it pretty well. Just need to add May pictures, edit, and order.
9. Grill, grill, grill - and try new grilling recipes.
10. Keep sane while The Hubs works and takes summer classes.
The one (yet inevitable) thing I DO NOT want to do this summer is say good-bye to several people who are moving away. In the words of Lloyd Christmas, "I hate good-byes!"