I had told myself earlier in the week that I was not going to whine on facebook. In light of what some other people are facing, my problems don't seem that bad. And shouldn't I be handing my concerns first and foremost to God rather than out there for the world to comment on?
However, on Saturday I opened two envelopes from the hospital, and I went right to typing a complaint in my status line, thinking that would make me feel better - to put my frustration out there for everyone to see. But it didn't. And it didn't make my problems go away either. It just made for a sad forty minutes on Saturday that I will not get back.
Luckily I figured out there was nothing I could do to fix the problem with the offices closed, so I was able to let it go and enjoy my weekend. Monday or Tuesday of this week I will make some phone calls to figure out what the deal is. And in the mean time, I will give thanks for all I have been given:
500. daily bread
501. twenty-three hours and twenty minutes of enjoying a beautiful Saturday
503. seeing my brother interact with Bubby and wondering when we became grown-ups
504. The Hubs mowing the lawn
505. Bugaboo snuggling and sleeping through church
506 "for when we see You we find strength to face the day, in Your Presence all our fears are washed away"
507. two new tasty crockpot meals
508. Bugaboo lifting his head to "play"
509. a whole morning off to be renewed
510. speaking of renewed - renewing library books online just before midnight and avoiding a fine