It has been an interesting 24 hours or so.
Monday night while Mike was about an hour away working, I started having a word sensation in my upper abdomen... not painful, just weird. I kept an eye on it for awhile and then texted my cousin who recently had a baby to ask, "Did you feel anything like this ever?" She told me to call my doctor. When I told her I would if it got worse she repeated CALL YOUR DOCTOR. :)
So I did.
Because with Bubby I felt nothing - I woke up one morning to bleeding. I didn't feel contractions until a few days later - I think the day he was born - even though I was dilated and contracting to some extent. So I have nothing to go off of for Mac2.0. It is in some ways at like being a first time pregnant lady at this point.
So the nurse on call took my info, gave me some advice, told me it was most likely Braxton Hicks, and after a couple of hours and lots of water and as much rest as a puppy and a toddler can give a person, the sensation went away.
This morning I had my glucose test. Fruit punch glucose test juice was not as tasty as the lemon-lime, but I survived.
This afternoon I took it easy. Bubby dozed on my lap from 11-1 (very rare!), and I dozed off and on while The Hubs worked on paperwork. I was feeling weird cramps in my very lower addoment off and on, and throughout the afternoon they got more intense and more frequent. Around 2/2:30 I called my doc, and whem they took my info today they told me to go to the hospital right away because of my history and what I was describing.
I have to say I love my hospitals L&D staff. I loved them with Bubby, and they were equally lovable today. I got in, they put me on monitors, Mac2.0's heartrate looked good, and of course, like a car you take in to a mechanic that suddenly stops making that weird noise, my pains started dissipating. They monitored me for quite awhile. Then they took a lab that could show if I was going to be going into labor in the next two weeks... BUT the lid didn't close on the specimen, so they couldn't get results because they were contaminated. I may get the test done tomorrow if the doc wants me, too. They couldn't redo the test because they had checked me to see if I was dilated (Praise God! I was not!), and apparently that would mess up the lab results, too.
So I go to the doctor for my regular appointment tomorrow. I also get my first round of steroids to help Mac2.0's lungs should he come early. (This was already in the works, not as a result of today's episode.)
I joked on the way to the hospital that at least I decided to shave my legs this morning. There's nothing more humiliating than a hospital gown and hairy legs! :) Next to do to prepare...remove chipped toenail polish and pack a hospital bag... just incase!