So I had a Macy's giftcard with some money left on it thanks to my Christmas and birthday gifts from my father-in-law, and they were having a sale. Buddy boy fell asleep on the ride to the mall, so Hubby stayed in the car with him while I pulled everything in my price range (or slightly above) off the rack and into the dressing room. Sidenote: I HATE trying clothes on. From age 20-27ish I rarely tried on clothes because I had been the same size more or less, or when I gained weight I just knew to go up a size in my current style. End sidenote. So I tried on a million possibilities to come away with two outfits that might work. I purchased both knowing that I will be taking one back once I could see it in real light (aka not hideous dressing room light with mirrors that make you doubt you did anything with your appearance before heading to the mall).
I realized a few things in my shopping experience today
- I will not be purchasing a bathing suit this season. I saw myself in a pants suit, and it wasn't pretty. I fear what things would look like with less material covering my bod.
- Shoulder pads are apparently back in style. I use the phrase "in style" loosely. I hated them in the 80's, and my opinion hasn't changed. I will be cutting them out of whatever outfit I end up keeping.
- I need a pair of cute black dress shoes. I have no cute shoes any more. So I hope the shoe-fairy visits me tonight or tomorrow.
- I detest people who wear the size I used to wear. I know that sounds hypocritical, but that is how it is. I detest them if they do not work out and eat horribly, and I detest them if they are disciplined enough to work out and eat right. Either way, it is a lose/lose situation for you if you are skinnny. :)
- It is a lie that if you breastfeed you lose weight quicker. Buddy boy refuses to take a bottle and he isn't coordinated enough to use a sippy cup regularly, so you would think after all of these months I wouldn't even have to think about calling Jillian Michaels for some help. Not true!
These are my thoughts after my mall experience today. I will not be going back anytime soon. Except to return one of my outfits, and maybe for an Aunt Annie's pretzel! :)
EDIT: I hope everyone knows I am not really mad or detesting people. Just slightly jealous. :)