- We would have money - especially after we were done with hubby's college and both of our graduate programs.
- We would always have a plan for the future. Preferably a pretty detailed plan. And that plan would go according to plan. :)
- Marriage would be fairly easy because we both knew we wanted our marriage to be different than our families of origin.
- Communication would be as easy and as rewarding as it was while we were long-distance dating.
- We would have lots of "couple" friends and socialize on a fairly regular basis.
- Holidays would be celebrated the way I envisioned them/celebrated them.
- There would be more fun days than regular, mundane days or even difficult days.
I'm sure I have more expectations that I brought with me to marriage, but these are the first that came to mind and the ones I felt comfortable enough to write about for all the world to see. I am looking forward to the next five weeks so I can learn what I am should do to take the focus off of me and my expectations. Tough stuff to contemplate today, but I think it is pretty timely.