- Today he rolled over from belly to back. He has been working on this for the last couple of weeks, and we thought he would do it while everyone was in town last week. He has learned to prop up his head really well, and today he finally coordinated his bottom, back, head, arms, and legs. He rolled at lunch time for me (and honestly, I kind of missed it because I turned my head at the exact moment of the roll), and then he did it for Hubby this evening. What a big boy!
- He is working on some giggles/laughs. I would call them half-giggles. We have a new game where I move my hand on his belly and chin and then pinch his cheeks. He smiles really big (he is getting great at smiling), and then he gives a tiny laugh. I love this new game because the repetition of it is teaching him to anticipate what I am going to do. It is so neat to watch.
- He is officially in his 3-6 month clothes and his size 2 diapers. I packed a bunch of clothes away, and it made me thrilled and sad at the same time, just like it did when he moved out of newborn clothes.
- Buddy really likes getting his dirty diapers changed. I know this seems weird to type, but when I move him to the changing table and he is laying (lying?) there, he does a little happy dance both pre and post-change.
- Our family enjoyed having everyone in town for the dedication. Thank you to those of you who came, and thanks to everyone who sent in a letter. You can still send a letter if you wanted to and didn't yet. I have not found a neat box yet for storing the letters. Buddy and I also enjoyed another trip to IL to spend more time with grandparents and great-grandparents. The trip seemed too short. We didn't even make it to Whitey's or to see anyone else. So sad. Sorry to those of you I missed.
- I hesitate typing this, but Buddy is sleeping a lot better at night. However, this means he is eating constantly during the day and also not napping. He is a very social boy, so he likes my undivided attention all day. Most of the time this is wonderful, but I would like a little time to vacuum and fold laundy. Oh well. There will always be housework, but he is only a baby for a short time. I will relax and enjoy.
Tuesday, October 13, 2009
I can't believe it is already October 13th!! Here is an update of what is going on with Buddy. Sorry for doing it with bullet points.